BEF Rio de Janeiro Nominees
British Equestrian Federation has announced its nominated entries for the forthcoming Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games.
It is from this list of nominated entries that the Olympic selectors will choose who will compete at Rio with 4 athletes going forward for each of the disciplines of Eventing, Dressage and Show Jumping and 5 athletes for Para Dressage.
This years selected athletes taking part in show jumping, dressage and eventing will be announced on the 5th of July and on the 14th of July for the Para dressage.
Eventing Nominees include:
- Kristina Cook who was part of the silver medal winning Team at the London Olympics and who won both team and individual Bronze for the Beijing Olympics and has also won two Gold medals at World Championships and 4 Gold medals at European Championships, Tina has three horses put forward which are Billy the Red, Calvino II and Star Witness.
- Laura Collett with Pamero, Laura has numerous Team and Individual Gold medals for Young Rider Europeans and has successfully competed at the highest level.
- William Fox-Pitt who was also part of the successful London Olympic Silver medal winning team and who has Chilli Morning selected this time.
- Pippa Funnell with Billy the Biz, Pippa formed part of the Olympic team at the Sydney Olympics where she gained a Silver medal and at the Athens Olympic games where she gained team silver and individual bronze. Pippa has also been part of numerous European Championship winning teams winning Gold both for the team and individually as well. Pippa also was the first rider to win the Rolex Grand Slam Of Eventing.
- Kitty King riding Ceylor L A N, Kitty has represented her country through the levels from pony's through to seniors including at European championships.
- Tom McEwen with Toledo De Kerser.
- Gemma Tattersall has three horses selected, Arctic Soul, Chico Bella P and Quicklook V.
- Nicola Wilson riding One two Many on the list.
- Izzy Taylor riding Allercombe Ellie.
- Holly Woodhead riding DHI Lupison.
Dressage Nominees Include:
- Charlotte Dujardin who won Team and individual Gold at the London Olympics has two horses put forward Barolo and Valegro.
- Carl Hester who won team Gold at the London Olympic has two horses put forward Nip Tuck and Wanadoo.
- Laura Tomlinson who formed part of the Gold winning London Olympic team has Rosalie B on the list.
- Michael Eilberg who formed part of the Gold medal winning London Olympics team has Marakov and Woodlander Dornroeschen.
- Spencer Wilton riding Super Nova II.
- Lara Griffith riding Rubin Al Asad
- Fiona Bigwood riding Orthilia.
- Henriette Andersen riding Flavio.
- Richard Davison riding Bubblingh.
- Hayley Watson-Greaves riding Rubins Nite.
- Anna Ross riding Die Callas.
Show Jumping Nominees Include:
- Scott Brash who won Team Gold at the London Olympics has three horses on the list, Hello Forever, Hello M'Lady and Hello Sanctos.
- Joe Clee riding Utamaro d'Ecaussines
- Ben Maher who won Team Gold at the London Olympics has Diva II, Tic Tac or Untouched on the list.
- Jessica Mendoza riding Spirit T.
- Nick Skelton who won Team Gold at the London Olympics has Big Star nominated.
- Tim Stockdale riding Fleur de l'Aube.
- John Whitaker riding Ornellala.
- Michael Whitaker riding Cassionato or Viking.
- Robert Whitaker riding Catwalk IV
- Guy Williams riding Titus.
Para Dressage Nominated Entries:
- Lee Pearson who has won Gold medals at the Sydney Olympics, Athens Olympics, Beijing Olympics and at the London Olympics has Zion on the nominated list.
- Sophie Wells who won Team Gold at the London Olympics as well as silver medals has Fatal Attraction or Valerius on the list.
- Erin Orford riding Dior.
- Deborah Criddle riding Akilles.
- Anne Dunham riding Lucas Normark.
- Sophie Chritiansen who won Gold at the London Olympics has two horses on the list which are Janeiro 6 and Athene Lindebjerg.
- Heather Bennett has Zavailantika on the list.
- Natasha Baker has Cabral on the nominated list.
- Natasha Adkinson has Sweet Caledonia on the nominated list.
- Rio de Janeiro Olympic Equestrian Provisional Dates (May be subject to Change)
- 10th - 11th August - Dressage Grand Prix
- 12th August - Dressage Grand Prix Special
- 15th August - Dressage Grand Prix Freestyle Final
- Show Jumping
- 14th August - Show Jumping 1st Qualifier
- 16th August - Show Jumping Team Round 1
- 17th August - Show Jumping Team round 2
- 19th August - Show Jumping Individual round A and B
- Para Dressage 2016
- 7th to the 18th September 2016