How To Unbridle Your Horse
- Unclip your leadrope from the headcollar.
- Place the headcollar around the horses neck.
- Place the reins over the horses head. This way you will still have an element of control over your horse after the bridle is removed.
- The bridle should be undone with the noseband at first, and then the throat latch (throat lash USA).
- Stand at the front of the horse, and holding either side of the headpiece at around the browband height, gently ease the bridle over the horses ears. Allow the horse to open its mouth and then lower the bit gently out, not allowing it to bash against the horses teeth.
- Keep hold of the bridle and fasten the headcollar, and then lift the reins over the horses head whilst remembering to keep hold of the headcollar, and then clip on the leadrope.
- You have now unbridled your horse, safely, efficiently, and humanely, and can now lead your horse.