Charles and Owen are one of the leading manufacturers in riding hats and body protectors, with hats specifically designed for safety and comfort.
Most Charles and Owen Hats have been kite marked with PAS015 and BSEN1384 except for the Beagler hats which have no harness and therefore can offer no protection.
New innovations included in certain hats include:
- A mesh centre to maximise air flow
- Microfibre suede side panels.
- Soft suede harness.
- Embedded into the headband are antibacterial high tech silver ions assisting with hat hygiene.
- Removable and machine washable inner hat pads.
- Ventilation holes in the helmet.
- Coolmax lining which draws moisture away from the skin.
Charles Owen Body Protectors Specifications:
- All body protectors are certified by BETA.
- Extremely flexible fit due to the high density foam design allowing them to easily mould around the rider.
- Often have ventilation holes to assist the rider to stay cool.
- Often contain a coolmax mesh which has excellent wicking properties and assists with ventilation.
- Charles Owen body protectors are either zip up at the front or velcro fastenings, both of which allow the body protector to be quickly fitted and removed.
More About Charles Owen